Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Too Weak For Chemo

Today my mom was supposed to start the "red devil" chemo regiment.  Unfortunately, she was too weak.  It is hard to watch her get weaker by the day.  Dr. Ben Jacob's wasn't sure how her body would react to the new drug so they are waiting for her vitals to improve and her strength to increase.  It is hard knowing that the one thing that may zap this cancer is the one thing that her body can't handle at this time.  She needs this drug to get better, and yet she can't have it.  She is back on her oxygen, not at the level it was originally, but still needs to be back on.  If she is strong enough on Friday, they are going to do a blood transfusion because she is anemic.  She is also a little incoherent.  Not sure what the next few days hold.  Quite a few tears shed today.  When my 5 year old, Justus, asked why I was crying, I told him that my heart hurt because Grandma was sick.  He looked at me without missing a beat and said, "she'll get better."  For now I might need to rely on the pure faith of a sweet, innocent 5 year old.  Not giving up hope, just praying for our miracle.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kandace,
    Just read todays blog. Thanks Natalie for the update. You have my faith and prayers every single minute of every single day. I happen to love you Kandace. I hope I can come give you a big hug soon and that you'll regain your strength starting today. I'm thinking about you my sweet friend.
    Love,
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all praying for that miracle!! Please know that you and your family are all in our prayers. Have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! Natalie, I've been in a very similar position that you are in and for sure it is very "heart hurting"! Hang in there. We are praying for that miracle too. We love your family so much! I'm sorry that you all have to go through this trial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking about you and praying for you today and everyday kandace! I hope you are strengthened knowing how many people love you and are praying for you! And you have an amazing family! Thanks natali for the updates!

    ReplyDelete