Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Surgery Complete

My mom was able to have the surgery yesterday.  The doctor (Dr. Ryan Larsen) inserted a stent in each kidney so they "stay open".  The stents will stay in for 6-8 weeks.  They are keeping her in the hospital for the next few days so they can monitor her and she can rest and get her strength back.  When they did her blood work today they determined it wasn't where they wanted it so she didn't have chemo today.  The plan is to do chemo on Friday.  They will keep her in the hospital until Friday, then if all goes well she can get her chemo and come home.  Dr. Ben Jacob told my parents that he has enough of her original chemo to take her through the rest of her treatments (through December).  This is definitely good news.  We are ready to get back on track with the chemo so it can kill off all the cancer!  They are still planning on another MRI in 3 weeks to see what is going on.  Prayers said and fingers crossed that the cancer stays contained--AND shrinking!  Come on chemo--do your thing! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I'm glad you're finding out why you haven't been feeling good - but so so sorry that things keep popping up.... enough of that !!! Now, time to heal :) Kandace, I have all the faith in the world that you'll get well. Thinking of you and love you tons,
    Love,
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kandace, I've been thinking about you and your family constantly. I hope you are as ok as you can be. Please know we pray for you constantly. We love you! We're across the street if we can ever do anything or you need a ride anywhere, anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kandance, I'm so sorry to hear you have had some set backs! I hope you are doing better now and that you are feeling better! I have been out to my sister's house for awhile and I have not kept up on your progress! I'm so sorry you are having to have these things keep popping up! This last Blog was written on Sept. 28th, so I hope you are doing better! I love you and think of you all the time! Keep hanging in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I spelled your name wrong! I just noticed I added an extra "n" in there! Sorry!!!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete